[mpich-discuss] Run an executable file on several windows computers

Jayesh Krishna jayesh at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Mar 1 10:04:44 CST 2011

Hi,
>> Now, I am able to run this executable file on my multiprocessor CPU by coping "mpiexec.exe" and "smpd.exe" to the directory which the executable file ...

 You shouldn't have to copy smpd.exe & mpiexec.exe to the directory containing the executable. Please modify the user PATH to include the path to the bin directory of the MPICH2 installation (c:\Program Files\MPICH2\bin) .

 Please install MPICH2 on all the hosts where you need to run your job. You can use the "-machinefile" option of mpiexec to specify the list of hosts to launch your MPI job (You can find more details on how to use the option in Section 9.6 of the Windows developer's guide - http://www.mcs.anl.gov/research/projects/mpich2/documentation/files/mpich2-1.3.2-windevguide.pdf).

 Let us know if you need further help.

Regards,
Jayesh