[mpich-discuss] mpich2-1.3.2-install

Nicolas Rosner nrosner at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 07:57:21 CST 2011

> You r right, permissions-related [problems] disappear when i log on as a regular user

Actually: when you did that AND started from scratch in that user's
home dir (just as important, or even more so).

> But root's permission higher than regular user‘s, why operation not permitted?

No idea. Did you unpack as root? Did you switch users before
configure? Ran any chmod after unpacking? Perhaps the sources were on
a network share with its own idea of security, or mismatched UIDs?
Many possible causes...

> Although ./configure  executed correctly, make has one error (m.txt)

Indeed, and it's rather explicit: "Autoconf version 2.63 or higher is
required." (I wonder if you didn't get this previously because of
different PATHs, or because your build process never reached that
point last time.)

Check your version of autoconf -- either it's finding the wrong one or
none at all, or you have a really old one and will probably want to
upgrade autotools via rpm or something. Can't tell you exactly what to
do, but hope this helps.

Good luck,
Nicolás