[mpich-discuss] MPI_Comm_Spawn and MPI_Open_port/MPI_Comm_accept/MPI_Comm_connect without using mpiexec and smpd

Jayesh Krishna jayesh at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Jun 28 14:05:17 CDT 2011

 Does your custom process manager (Windows Service) support the PMI wire protocol (protocol used by the PMI library to interact with the process manager)? PMI2 (The newer version of PMI) defines/standardizes the wire protocol and is implemented in the new process manager Hydra. Unfortunately I don't have enough resources to port Hydra to Windows (SMPD only supports PMI-1 and has its own custom wire protocol that you will have to figure out by looking into the code and the debug logs).

Regards,
Jayesh