[mpich-discuss] issues when writing a simple makefile to build MPI programs

Pavan Balaji balaji at mcs.anl.gov
Sat Jun 25 12:19:18 CDT 2011

Hi Clara,

Even for a single node, Hydra is still the preferred process manager.
For most platforms, you might be able to discard -lopa.

Another trick you can do is to configure mpich2 with --enable-lib-depend
and --enable-shared. This will still create multiple libraries, but
libmpich.so will depend on libmpl.so and libopa.so, so these libraries
will automatically get loaded when linked against libmpich.so. This
trick is still experimental, and if things break you are on your own :-).

Hope that helps.

  -- Pavan