[mpich-discuss] algorithm used in braodcast operation

eya zaibi zaibi.eya at hotmail.fr
Wed Jan 26 05:32:25 CST 2011

Hi everybody,

I am sorry  because i found troubles in using mailing list and that's why i send my question by mail.
I am working in performances prediction of collective routines and i am using algorithmes used in the implementation of MPICH2.
The problem is i didn't the paking of datatype (that was homogeneous ). And i use benchmarking of point to point  routines in algorithme of broadcast  i.e. that i conserve the algorithme of bcast , i use the results of benchmarking of send/recv but i eliminate (the paking datatype  ).
I do some tests but the time estimated is much less than reality.
My question is : is what this work is sufficient to prdict the performances of collective routines on heterogeneous environnement (cluster) and what do you suggest me to improve my work?
I will be gratefull for your help and thank you.