[mpich-discuss] error in MPI_INIT on 64 bit machine

Jayesh Krishna jayesh at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Jan 25 10:26:57 CST 2011

Hi,
 From the error messages it looks like the spawned process is not able to connect back to the parent process (the parent process TCP/IP port is blocked) OR the parent process crashed after spawning the child process.
 Can you spawn your program from another MPI program (non-matlab/simulink MPI program launched from the command line)?
 Try turning off any firewalls running on your system. I don't have Matlab here - do you have a test case that reproduces the problem (preferably without using Matlab)?

Regards,
Jayesh