[mpich-discuss] error in MPI_INIT on 64 bit machine

Cugnon frederic.cugnon at samtech.com
Tue Jan 25 09:10:58 CST 2011

Hi

I have been using MPICH2 to implement co-simulation between Matlab Simulink
and my code. I have implemented a master-slave procedure, launching my code
from a Matlab S-function using MPI_Comm_spawn. Things are working perfectly
on an old Windows XP computer with 32 bit version of both softwares. When I
move to 64 bit versions on Windows Seven system, I have errors when the
slave process calls the MPI_Init function. Depending on the communication
channel that I use (sock or nemesis), I get slightly different error
messages when MPI_Init is called (see attached log files).

Could anybody help me with this problem?

Thanks

Frédéric CUGNON
Samtech SA
Rue des Chasseurs-Ardennais 8