[mpich-discuss] Cloud Rendering using mpich?

Alex Uzi alex_uzi at web.de
Fri Jan 21 15:05:17 CST 2011

Dear recipients,

at first i will have to admit, that i am not really a programmer, but i sometimes have ideas and this time i would like to ask for support here.
I am not sure, if i understood the actual function of "mpich", but is it possible to use it as a way to extend my processor performance? (Although it would not be a live-extension, but would it be possible to use it via the internet?)

Now let's get to my purpose:
Rendering a 3d Animation on your computer can take hours, sometimes even days. I would like to shorten the time by allocating the rendering-jobs to different computers.

I hope somebody can just help me by answering my question or even telling me how to solve my problem.

Best regards,
Alex