[mpich-discuss] Question about MPICH2's port vs firewall

邵思睿 patrick.sorcery at yahoo.com.cn
Mon Jan 17 03:59:12 CST 2011

Hello! I'm now using MPICH2 1.2.1p1 on a cluster with CentOS 5.4, and now I just wonder how to make mpd pass the firewall of the system.

As a freshman in computer & programming, I think when I start mpd with "mpdboot -n 5 -f mpd.hosts -v" it just runs mpd, and when I ran mpd --echo I found that it uses a RANDOM port, which makes it impossible to 'dig a eternal hole' in the firewall for mpd, and I have to turn the whole firewall off each time before mpd boots... so are there any ways to solve this problem? How to point a certain port when using mpdboot? Or other solutions?

Thanks a lot!

P.W.S.
Jan. 17, 2011