[mpich-discuss] MPICH2-1.3.1 crash and SIGHUP issues.

Pavan Balaji balaji at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Jan 7 23:33:24 CST 2011

On 01/07/2011 08:24 PM, Sunil Thomas wrote:
> release version (1.3.1). The following is the error I am getting:
> /$>mpiexec -f machinefile -n 2 ex5_hypre
> APPLICATION TERMINATED WITH THE EXIT STRING: Hangup (signal 1)/

This indicates that the application has crashed (possibly with the error
you mentioned below).

>    When I switch to my actual application (which basically solves a
> sparse system of linear equations) and try to run that
> on 2 processors, it crashes due to a memory access fault error as follows:
> /unknown location(0): fatal error in ....: memory access violation at
> address: 0xfffffffe03bce414: no mapping at fault address/

Without knowing anything about your application, it's hard to tell what
the problem is. Try compiling your application with "-g" and run it
through a debugger. That might give you some information.

Alternatively, you can try running your application through valgrind.

  -- Pavan