[mpich-discuss] problem with installing mpich2-1.4.1

Anthony Chan chan at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Aug 25 11:48:27 CDT 2011

Besides what Dave said, your c.txt also indicates that your f95 wasn't
working with your f77 (probably because it is an old machine and f95 is
installed later).  If you don't need Fortran 90 support, add --disable-fc
as part of your configure command.

A.Chan

checking whether the Fortran 90 compiler (f95    ) works... configure: WARNING: installation or configuration problem: Fortran 90 compiler cannot create executables.
checking whether Fortran 90 compiler works with Fortran 77 compiler... configure: WARNING: See config.log for the failed test program and its output.
no
configure: WARNING: The selected Fortran 90 compiler f95 does not work with the selected Fortran 77 compiler f77.  Use the environment variables FC and F77 respectively to select compatible Fortran compilers.  The check here tests to see if a main program compiled with the Fortran 90 compiler can link with a subroutine compiled with the Fortran 77 compiler.