[mpich-discuss] looking for help

张巍 zhweizi at 126.com
Mon Aug 15 10:07:49 CDT 2011

Hi, I'm an amateur of Linux, and studying in Cluster with MPI recently. The version which I downloaded is the newest "mpich2-1.4", and OS is Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4 ES. I have two questions to be consulted, and appreciate for your attention.

First,  in the manual "Installer's Guide", 2.2-8,  I should use command "which mpicc" and "which mpiexec" to check my installation. But according to informations I've found in internet, they all said there should be four command: "which mpd", "which mpicc", "which mpiexec" and "which mpirun"  . And some guy tells me  command "mpd" is replaced by other commands like "hydra" or etc.  I don't know if I can't use "mpd" command, means that the MPICH program has not been installed successfully?

Second, in the manual "Installer's Guide", 2.2-10, I should modify the "machinefile" to ensure every computer is listed in the cluster, but, I can't find a way to modify or open the "machinefile".

Sorry to take your time, and waiting for your reply.

Best regards.

                                                                                 Will ZHANG
                                                                              Tongji University, Shanghai, China