[mpich-discuss] Running MPI jobs without mpiexec

Jayesh Krishna jayesh at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Aug 4 14:28:07 CDT 2011

Hi,
 Two options come to my mind,

# Take a look at MPI dynamic processes (http://www.mpi-forum.org/docs/mpi21-report/node197.htm#Node197).
# Launch mpiexec from myCode2.

Regards,
Jayesh
----- Original Message -----
From: "Amar K. Patel" <PATEL_AMAR_K at cat.com>
To: mpich-discuss at mcs.anl.gov
Sent: Thursday, August 4, 2011 11:35:58 AM
Subject: [mpich-discuss] Running MPI jobs without mpiexec

Hello,

I have MPI program that runs fine when it started with the command mpiexec -n # myCode1.exe. I now need to call myCode1 from another code (say myCode2) in such a way that myCode1 is a dll file which is loaded and called when myCode2 is being executed. myCode2 is started without using mpiexec commad.

With this new setup I would like to call myCode1.dll and be able to use the MPI features that have been embedded in it such that myCode1.dll can be run on more than one CPU. Is such a thing possible ? If so, then I would appreciate if someone could point me to a documentation or an example that illustrates how to implement the changes needed in myCode1 and/or myCode2.

Here is an crude version of myCode1 and myCode2 that I am using.

void myCode1()
{
int rank;
MPI_Init(x, x);