[mpich-discuss] multi-core processores

Nicolas Rosner nrosner at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 09:27:14 CDT 2011

Hello Ali,

You can use the -np (or just -n, same thing) option to tell mpiexec
the number of desired processes, e.g.

    mpiexec -np 4 your_program

By default, if you don't specify a list of nodes, the above syntax
will usually launch four copies of your_program on the local machine.

Further details:
  * mpiexec -help
  * http://wiki.mcs.anl.gov/mpich2/index.php/Using_the_Hydra_Process_Manager
  * http://www.mcs.anl.gov/research/projects/mpich2/documentation/index.php?s=docs