[mpich-discuss] (no subject)

Huasheng Liao liao at egr.msu.edu
Sun Sep 26 16:16:13 CDT 2010

Hi there,
Me again,when I updated to version 1.0.8, there was error massege showing
up after about 1 hr:

Fatal error in MPI_Init: Other MPI error, error stack:
MPIR_Init_thread(294)..: Initialization failed
MPID_Init(243).........: spawned process group was unable to connect back
to the parent on port <tag=0 port=3800 description=Howard
ifname=35.11.37.96 >
MPID_Comm_connect(187).:
MPIDI_Comm_connect(358): Too many communicatorsFatal error in MPI_Init:
Other MPI error, error stack:
MPIR_Init_thread(294)..: Initialization failed
MPID_Init(243).........: spawned process group was unable to connect back
to the parent on port <tag=0 port=3800 description=Howard
ifname=35.11.37.96 >
MPID_Comm_connect(187).:
MPIDI_Comm_connect(358): Too many communicatorsunable to kill process.
unable to kill process.
sock_op_close returned while stdin context is in state: SMPD_IDLE
sock_op_close returned while stdin context is in state: SMPD_IDLE
error closing the pmi context socket: Undefined dynamic error code
sock_op_close returned while stdout context is in state: SMPD_IDLE
sock_op_close returned while stderr context is in state: SMPD_IDLE
error closing the pmi context socket: Undefined dynamic error code
sock_op_close returned while stderr context is in state: SMPD_IDLE
sock_op_close returned while stdout context is in state: SMPD_IDLE
op_read error on parent context: Undefined dynamic error code
unable to read the cmd header on the parent context, Undefined dynamic
error code.
connection to my parent broken, aborting.
state machine failed.

One more question: is there a need to change the code when updating the
version? I do re-compile and link the codes before I run the program.
When I go back to Version 1.0.5p1, works fine again without changing any
thing.

Huasheng Liao