[mpich-discuss] (no subject)

Huasheng Liao liao at egr.msu.edu
Sun Sep 26 16:05:20 CDT 2010

Hi, there,
I have been using MPICH2-1.0.5p since I satrted my first MPI program. I
happened to update the old version to MPICH2-1.1.2, and ran the old
program (GUI, -localroot was used) and found that it dosen't work well
with MPICH2-1.1.2 :

In my program, MPI_SPAWN_MULTIPLE routine is involved to spawn jobs to
several child machines, then a few Send and Recv calls are involved to
communicate with master machine. When I spawn only one child machine,
works fine,but will be stuck without any error when spawn more than one
child machine.

I was wondering whether I have missed any new setting in MPICH2-1.2.1p1 ?

BTW, it works fine when I degraded my code to purely fortran code without
GUI.

Huasheng Liao