[mpich-discuss] hydra and mpich2-1.3rc1

Pavan Balaji balaji at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Sep 23 10:42:21 CDT 2010

Hi Bryan,

----- "Bryan Putnam" <bfp at purdue.edu> wrote:

> Thanks, omitting "--with-pm=..." in mpich2-1.3rc1 fixed the problem. I
> think this configure appeared to work with mpich2-1.3b1 because I had
> not
> specified the "--with-shared" config option. However, in
> mpich2-1.3rc1,
> "--with-shared" was required in order to use "--with-sharedlib=gcc".

Actually, --enable-shared was required in mpich2-1.3b1 as well, but we didn't throw an error earlier if it was not specified. Without --enable-shared you'll end up with some shared and some static libraries.

Btw, --enable-sharedlibs=gcc is not required anymore for most platforms. --enable-shared will try to autodetect it where possible. But passing it doesn't hurt.

 -- Pavan