[mpich-discuss] Suppressed Output

SULLIVAN David (AREVA) David.Sullivan at areva.com
Wed Sep 8 16:49:58 CDT 2010

Eduardo,

I am more familiar with mcnp5 than x but I think this is still
applicable- For using a single machine it is often better to use the
mcnp input variable "tasks 8" (for your situation), rather than going
through mpiexec. So it would look like:

mcnpx tasks 8 i=filename.i o=filename.o

If the executable has been built for threading..if it bombs with the
error "multiprocessing is unavailable in this compilation", you will
need to rebuild it for OMP (if you have the source files). Hope this is
helpful-

Dave