[mpich-discuss] MPI Fatal error, but only with more cluster nodes!

Fabio F.Gervasi fabio.gervasi70 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 2 08:20:26 CDT 2010

Hi,

I have a "strange" MPI problem when I run a WRF-NMM model, compiled with
Intel v11.1.072 (by GNU run ok!).
Mpich2-1.2 also is compiled by Intel.

*If I run on a single Quad-core machine everything is ok*, *but when I try
on two or more Quad-core machine*,
initially the wrf.exe processes seem start on every pc, but after few second
wrf stop and I get the error:
*Fatal error in MPI_Allreduce other mpi error error stack..* and so on...

I just set: "ulimit -s unlimited", otherwise wrf crash also with a single
machine...

This probably is an MPI problem, but how can I fix it?

Thank you very much
Fabio.