[mpich-discuss] mpich2 size of symbol 'cmpifcmb1_' changed, among others

Daily, Jeff A jeff.daily at pnl.gov
Mon Nov 29 13:00:42 CST 2010

I have installed mpich2-1.3.1 from sources on my 64bit Linux workstation using GCC 4.1.2.  My Fortran code uses -fdefault-integer-8 to promote the Fortran integers, however this appears to be promoting the COMMON symbols in mpif.h.  This causes the Warning: size of symbol 'mpifcmb1_' changed from 40 to 20 in libmpich.a (setbot.o).

What can I do to fix this?  Is there some other way besides recompiling mpich2 to use 8-byte integers?  Thanks.