[mpich-discuss] working mpi, now launch failure

Jayesh Krishna jayesh at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Nov 19 15:13:49 CST 2010

Hi,
 That is strange.
 Please follow the steps below to provide us with the verbose/debug output from mpiexec and smpd.

# Right-click on the command prompt icon and select "Run as administrator". This opens an admin command promt, use this prompt for the steps below.
# Stop any instances of the process manager, smpd, running in your system by using the "-stop" option of smpd (Type "smpd -stop" at command prompt)
# Start smpd in debug mode and redirect output to a file (Type "smpd -d > smpd.log" at the command prompt)
# Open another admin command prompt as mentioned above
# Run mpiexec in verbose mode to launch hostname.exe and redirect the output to a file (Type "mpiexec -verbose -n 2 hostname > mpiexec.log" at the command prompt)
# Ctrl-C in the window where smpd was launched in the debug mode & start smpd in normal mode using the "-start" option (Type "smpd -start" at the command prompt)

 Provide us with the smpd and mpiexec logs, smpd.log and mpiexec.log .

Regards,
Jayesh