[mpich-discuss] seek help on mpi- mpich

Jayesh Krishna jayesh at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Nov 15 14:50:57 CST 2010

Hi,

>> so, i am using the second administrator on both machine (they have the same passwd) to register...

 As I mentioned before try registering a username different from the "Administrator".
 Please follow the steps below,

1) On the XP machine & the Vista machine create a user, "mpiuser", with the same password (As I mentioned before do not register "Administrator" with mpiexec).
2) Register & Validate "mpiuser" on each machine.
3) Test whether the user, "mpiuser" can launch MPI processes locally on each machine.
4) Run your job across the XP & Vista machines and see if it works.

Regards,
Jayesh