[mpich-discuss] [mpich2-dev] I can not make MPI recognizes a dual core

jayesh at mcs.anl.gov jayesh at mcs.anl.gov
Tue May 25 12:44:25 CDT 2010

Hi,
 The error message shows that you did not specify an authentication passphrase for SMPD. If the installation process was successful you should not be seeing this message.
 During the installation process, the MPICH2 installer requests for the SMPD passphrase. A default SMPD passphrase is provided in the user input textbox for convenience. Did you delete/remove the default passphrase during the installation step ?
 Can you reply with details the steps used to install MPICH2 (You can add inputs to the installation steps that I provided in my previous email)? Also specify, in detail, if you modified any default input values during the installation process.

Regards,
Jayesh