[mpich-discuss] Problem in using wmpiexec.exe in Windows XP

jayesh at mcs.anl.gov jayesh at mcs.anl.gov
Thu May 20 09:12:54 CDT 2010

Hi,
 Which version of MPICH2 are you using ? If I understand you correctly, are you saying that your MPI program takes the same amount of time with 100 & 1Gbps n/ws but the MPI program launch environment (MPICH2 runtime initialization etc) takes more time with the 1Gbps n/w ?
 What is the time difference that you see with the two networks ?
 Did you change the number of processes running on the individual nodes when you changed your network (MPI processes running on the same node, MPI processes running across network etc)?
 Does running other MPI programs (eg: c:\program files\MPICH2\examples\cpi.exe) take more time with the 1Gbps network ?

Regards,
Jayesh