[mpich-discuss] MPICH2 and LAPACK

Hélvio Vairinhos helvio.vairinhos at googlemail.com
Mon May 10 21:46:49 CDT 2010

Thanks for the reply! I tried to compile my code using:

% mpif90 foo.f90 -llapack -lblas

but I always get the following message:

% /bin///ld: cannot find -llapack
% /bin///ld: cannot find -lblas

My test code is very simple:
   1. I initialize MPI,
   2. I construct two simple 5x5 matrices,
   3. I call the matrix multiplication routine (xGEMM),
   4. I print the result and RANK,
   5. I finalize MPI.

In principle this should return and print as many matrices as CPU's I
use to run the executable. However, mpif90 doesn't seem to allow the
-llapack or -lblas flags... So, since apparently I can't use the
libraries from the Cygwin installation, how should I proceed to be able
to compile LAPACK routines with mpif90?

Cheers,

-- Hélvio