[mpich-discuss] A differnt question on Linux

Darius Buntinas buntinas at mcs.anl.gov
Tue May 4 17:11:46 CDT 2010

Deji will have to give the definitive answer (he's the guy who packages
the redhat/fedora/centos binaries), but it looks like that number
indicates the build number.  The builds may differ in configure options
or (non-Argonne) patches.  Generally speaking, you can treat it as an
extension to the version number.

-d