[mpich-discuss] mpd problems

Jacob Harvey j.harv8 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 11 10:36:12 CST 2010

Dear MPI users,

I am having problems getting mpd's started on my nodes. The problem
actually only seems to occur when I try and start an mpd ring from the
head node. For instance when I am on the head node and I type:

mpdboot -n 3  -r ssh

where my mpd.hosts file reads:

node005
node006

I get the following error:

mpdboot_head (handle_mpd_output 415): failed to connect to mpd on node005

However, if I run the same command on node005:

mpdboot -n 3 -r ssh

where my mpd.hosts file reads:

head
node006

everything works fine, and I can run mpdtrace and get:

node005
head
node006

It kinda seems like this is an ssh problems, but I'm able to ssh to
node005 from the head node without being asked for a password. So I'm
a little lost as to what the problem here is. Any help would be
greatly appreciated!

Jacob

Jacob Harvey

Graduate Student