[mpich-discuss] MPICH associating process with a core

Gus Correa gus at ldeo.columbia.edu
Tue Mar 2 13:01:19 CST 2010

Hi John Xu

This issue has been discussed many times on this list.
See some postings here:

https://lists.mcs.anl.gov/mailman/mmsearch/mpich-discuss?config=mpich-discuss.htsearch;method=and;format=long;sort=score;words=affinity;page=2

I am a bit out of date with the recent MPICH2 improvements, however,
with MPICH I don't know of any better solution than
using top or another tool to get the PIDs, then associate them
to cores with taskset and perhaps numactl (if you have AMD processors).
Not a clean solution for sure, but relatively simple if you
are the only user of the computer(s)/node(s).

I hope this helps,
Gus Correa

Gustavo Correa
Palisades, NY, 10964-8000 - USA