[mpich-discuss] MPE tracing

Georges Markomanolis georges.markomanolis at ens-lyon.fr
Mon Jun 21 06:54:24 CDT 2010

Dear all,

I want to ask you about the MPE's libraries. While I use the logging
library for an application, I dump the clog file with the command
clog2print (is the right way to see the content of the files?). Although
my application executes MPI_Bcast commands I can't see them. From the
manual I read that nested calls are not taken into account, like
MPI_Bcast. Is this why I can't see any MPI_Bcast? Moreover when I link
with the tracing library I can see the MPI_Bcast commands. So in the
case that I want to know about all the MPI commands I should use tracing
and not logging? I don't need the timestamps and the visualization.

Thanks a lot,
Best regards,
Georges