[mpich-discuss] mpdboot for ssh with password - a suggestion

Swatch Puppy swatchpuppy at gmail.com
Sat Jun 5 09:32:39 CDT 2010

Hello all,

I've been trying to setup a cluster in my university labs, but i can't do
ssh to the others computers without password. This is a problem if mpdboot
is used to start up the mpd ring, because it will asks for a lot of
passwords at the same time.
So I've edited the mpdboot python file and added *mpd.wait()* in line 361
for mpich2 1.0.6, and 375 for mpich2 1.2.1p1, just after *mpd =
Popen4(cmd,0)*, in this way it will ask a password per connection
sequentially.

Hope that this can help someone, or affect change in the next version of
mpdboot.

The best regards,
SwatchPuppy