[mpich-discuss] MPICH2 and TORQUE/PBS integration

Ivan Pulido mefistofeles87 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 23 17:15:17 CDT 2010

Hello, I'm trying to configure torque resource manager and MPICH2 (with MPD)
but Im having some issues.

The MPICH2 user's guide says there's a way to convert the Torque node file
to one MPD can read, but this is outdated since the syntax used by torque
nowadays is not the one mentioned on MPICH2 user's guide, so I can't use
what's there to use Torque with MPICH2. On the other hand, I tried using OSC
mpiexec http://www.osc.edu/~djohnson/mpiexec/ with no good results since
it's looking for a libpbs.a that's not part of Torque default install (this
is for torque's mailling list).

So, what I'm trying to tell is that the ways the user's guide advice to use
MPICH2 with torque functionality are not correct with newest versions of the
software involved. So I'd like to know if there's a way to use MPICH2 with
torque functionality that really works with newest versions, I'd really like
a help with this since we need using MPI in our cluster urgently.

Thanks.

--
Ivan Pulido
Estudiante de Física