[mpich-discuss] machinefile error

Pavan Balaji balaji at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Jul 20 10:11:52 CDT 2010

The error you are reporting doesn't seem to be coming from Hydra's
mpiexec. Also, is this on windows (since your executable is called cpi.exe)?

On windows the default process manager is SMPD, and you'll need to
follow its instructions from the user guide. On UNIX, the default
process manager is MPD for up to MPICH2-1.2.1p1. For MPICH2-1.3, we are
changing the default to Hydra.

  -- Pavan