[mpich-discuss] mpich2 and windows 7

Hiatt, Dave M dave.m.hiatt at citi.com
Fri Jul 9 09:09:46 CDT 2010

You will find the MPICH2 folder in Program Files, not Program Files (x86).  The x64 version doesn't have wmpiexec, wmpiregister, and wmpiconfig, those have to come from the Win32 version.  You CAN have both installed, but it's critical that tye mpich-smpd service is the x64 version.

I installed the Win32 version of 1.2.1 first, and put the wmpixxx utilities on the desktop.  Then I installed the x64 version, and then did an mpiexec -install from the folder:
           Program Files\MPICH2\bin

and that installed the mpich-smpd.exe service from the x64 program files directory.  And it has been bullet proof.

You can't run a x64 MPI app with a Win32 smpd.

Hope this helps.