[mpich-discuss] unable to build mpich2 with romio

Dave Goodell goodell at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Jan 25 13:27:02 CST 2010

The AX_PREFIX_CONFIG_H macro isn't being expanded for some reason.
The macro comes from "src/mpl/confdb/ax_prefix_config_h.m4", and the
"src/mpl/confdb" directory is a bit special because it is an SVN
external.  Not only is it an SVN external, but it's a "relative"
external, which is a feature that was added in SVN 1.5 [1].

Do you have a "src/mpl/confdb" directory?

What version of SVN are you using?  Running "svn --version" should
tell you.  Please upgrade to 1.5 or later if you wish to use the SVN
version of MPICH2.

-Dave

[1] http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.5/svn.advanced.externals.html
(see the paragraph "As of Subversion 1.5, though, a new format [...]")