[mpich-discuss] convert clog2 file readable log file

Pawan Acharya pawn.07 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 24 10:54:35 CST 2010

I am looking for a way to get the trace file which contains information:
• Process identifier
• Timestamp
• Record type, or operation (send/receive)
• Identifier of the “other” party (destination for a send, source for a receive)
• A message tag
• Message size
out of the clog file generated while enabling mpilog. Is there anyway
to modify the way the trace file is generated in this case a simple
one I mentioned above, since I saw lot of other information in the
ASCII format while viewing clog file using clog2print.

On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 2:49 PM, Pawan Acharya <pawn.07 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there a easy way to convert the filename.clog2 file to filename.alog so
> that I can use 'cat filename.alog' to view the log file in MPICH2 or to some
> other similar formats as clog2alog used to do in MPICH1.

> Best Regards,
> Pawan Acharya

Best Regards,
Pawan Acharya