[mpich-discuss] smpd on windows 7

Jayesh Krishna jayesh at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Jan 4 09:09:45 CST 2010

Hi,
 Open a command prompt with administrator privileges (Right-click on command prompt icon and select "Run as administrator") and use the windows installer from command line to install MPICH2.
 To uninstall MPICH2 (It is recommended that you uninstall MPICH2 before installing a new version) run the following at the command prompt (with admin privileges),

   msiexec /x mpich2-1.2.1-win-ia32.msi

 To install MPICH2 run the following at the command prompt (with admin privileges),

   msiexec /i mpich2-1.2.1-win-ia32.msi

 Let us know if you still have problems.

(PS: Running msiexec at the command prompt should bring up the GUI for installing MPICH2.)

Regards,
Jayesh