[mpich-discuss] Building external ROMIO

Rob Latham robl at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Feb 22 13:20:39 CST 2010

On Mon, Feb 22, 2010 at 11:59:53AM -0700, David Gunter wrote:
> To that end, I have built OMPI w/o any ROMIO support and now I am
> trying to build ROMIO against it.  I'm doing a bare "configure"
> since I do not think the --with-mpi= flag supports OMPI. I do have
> the path to mpicc in my PATH, etc.
>
> The configure stops with the error message:
>
> configure:11958: error: Unable to compile a simple MPI program.
> Use environment variables to provide the location of MPI libraries and
> include directories
>
> What environment variables should be set for configure to pick up?

Hi david.  I usually build ROMIO this way by setting CC to the mpi
compiler.

I think I have committed all the changes to let standalone romio
build; you will probably have the easiest time if you work either from
ROMIO svn repository or the ROMIO from the recent MPICH2 pre-release.

==rob

--
Rob Latham
Argonne National Lab, IL USA