[mpich-discuss] MPICH2 and Windows 7

MONTEUX Eric eric.monteux at alyotech.fr
Wed Feb 10 05:08:37 CST 2010

Hello.

I have troubles to use MPICH2 with Windows 7 32 bits.

Installation is OK (installation program mpich-1.2.1-win-ia32.msi).

The smpd service is up and running.

Then I open a windows command with administrator privileges, and try to register, using the following commands:
mpiexec -remove (OK)
mpiexec -register (with my domain name, user name & password) (OK)
mpiexec -validate (NOK, I get the following error message: Aborting: connection to smpd rejected)

When I try to lauch a MPI program of my own, compiled with MPICH2 and MSVC2008, I get the following error message:
Aborting: unable to connect to grimbergen.alyotech.fr (grimbergen is my host name).

I also tried to use  wmpiconfig to get the hosts, then retrieve the settings of my computer grimbergen.

I then get the error message "GRIMBERGEN: MPICH2 not installed or unable to query the host".

I tried to turn off the firewall, and to add "mpiexec" and "smpd" to the list of progams allowed by the firewall, but without success.

I tried to add MPICH2\bin directory to the system path, without success too.

Is there any configuration tuning I can try to use MPICH2 with Windows 7 ?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Eric Monteux.