[mpich-discuss] mpich doesn't work well in the cygwin on Windows 7 64 bit

Zhike Zi zhike.zi at bioss.uni-freiburg.de
Wed Feb 10 04:11:57 CST 2010

Dear List,

I have installed mpich2-1.2.1 in my cygwin (v1.7.1) on Windows 7 64 bit
machine. I didn't get any error message during the building and
installation. mpdcheck doesn't report any problem. However, when I try to
start mpi in cygwin, I got the following error messages. I also tested the
version of mpich2-1.0.8, I got the same problem. It worked well in the
cygwin on my Windows XP PC.

$ mpd &
[1] 2684

$ mpdtrace
mpdtrace (mpdtrace 57): got eof on console

$ mpdcheck

$ mpdcheck -v
obtaining hostname via gethostname and getfqdn
gethostname gives  Zi-PC
getfqdn gives  Zi-PC
checking out unqualified hostname; make sure is not "localhost", etc.
checking out qualified hostname; make sure is not "localhost", etc.
obtain IP addrs via qualified and unqualified hostnames;  make sure other
than 1
27.0.0.1
gethostbyname_ex:  ('Zi-PC', [], ['10.5.235.x'])
gethostbyname_ex:  ('Zi-PC', [], ['10.5.235.x'])
checking that IP addrs resolve to same host
now do some gethostbyaddr and gethostbyname_ex for machines in hosts file

$ mpirun -np 2 ./runSBML-PET.exe
mpiexec_Zi-PC (mpiexec 257): no msg recvd from mpd during version check

$ mpdallexit
mpdallexit (recv_dict_msg 582):recv_dict_msg: errmsg=:cannot concatenate
'str' a
nd 'int' objects:
  mpdtb:
    /usr/local/bin/mpdlib.py,  582,  recv_dict_msg
    /usr/local/bin/mpdallexit,  50,  mpdallexit
    /usr/local/bin/mpdallexit,  59,  <module>

mpdallexit (mpdallexit 52): no msg recvd from mpd before timeout

The configure log is attached.

Does any one have the problem? I am looking forward to any suggestions and
helps.

Thank you for the attention.

Best regards,

Zhike Zi

--
Centre for Biological Signalling Studies (bioss)
University of Freiburg