[mpich-discuss] mpich2-1.2.1, only starts 5 mpd's and cpi won't run, compiler flags issue?

Pavan Balaji balaji at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Feb 9 15:47:55 CST 2010

David,

On 02/09/2010 03:34 PM, David Mathog wrote:
> I think this is because it is trying to use eth0 where it must use eth1.
>  The log files on the two compute nodes do not show anything going in.
> How does one tell hydra which interface to use???

We added an option -iface to Hydra to specify this, but it was
unfortunately after 1.2.1 was released. It'll show up in the next
release (1.3a1), but if you want to try it earlier, you can download a
snapshot from here:
http://www.mcs.anl.gov/research/projects/mpich2/downloads/tarballs/nightly/hydra

 -- Pavan