[mpich-discuss] ssh, mpiexec, and path to working dir

Thomas Ruedas ruedas at dtm.ciw.edu
Sat Feb 6 15:03:59 CST 2010

Hi Pavan,
thanks for making this interesting point.
Pavan Balaji wrote:
> Is one of the systems you are using the NFS server? We noticed this kind
> of behavior on another system where /home was a symbolic link to some
> location foo on the NFS server, while on other machines it was mounted
> at /home.
Yes, that seems to be the situation here. I am not sure whether this was
the case before the problems with the cluster, but maybe it has been
changed during the repairs.
> We fixed the Hydra process manager to deal with these kind of
> scenarios (not sure if we fixed mpd to deal with them). To verify if my
> theory is correct, you can try out Hydra:
I would possibly have to rebuild my MPICH with hydra, because when I
tried it out now, it crashed with an apparently unrelated error. Right
now, I can't rebuild MPICH, but I'll keep that in mind and maybe switch
to hydra sooner or later, as Dave Goodell suggested to me on this list a
week ago when I was struggling with the previous problem.
Thanks again,
Thomas