[mpich-discuss] ssh, mpiexec, and path to working dir

Pavan Balaji balaji at mcs.anl.gov
Sat Feb 6 06:24:30 CST 2010

Is one of the systems you are using the NFS server? We noticed this kind
of behavior on another system where /home was a symbolic link to some
location foo on the NFS server, while on other machines it was mounted
at /home. We fixed the Hydra process manager to deal with these kind of
scenarios (not sure if we fixed mpd to deal with them). To verify if my
theory is correct, you can try out Hydra:

% mpiexec.hydra -f machinefile -n 4 hostname

 -- Pavan