[mpich-discuss] Questions about Installation

Pavan Balaji balaji at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Dec 29 17:30:31 CST 2010

The MPI installation needs to be identical on *all* machines in the
cluster. Is your /home/cluster/mpich2-install folder visible on all
machines? This is typically achieved by installing it on a shared
file-system (such as NFS) and mounting it on all the machines in the
cluster. You can also manually install it on all machines at the same
location, but that's usually error prone as you might miss some machine
or install it in a slightly different location.

Some more information on how to launch the application is available
here:
http://wiki.mcs.anl.gov/mpich2/index.php/Using_the_Hydra_Process_Manager

  -- Pavan