[mpich-discuss] working mpi, now launch failure

Jayesh Krishna jayesh at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Dec 3 15:56:48 CST 2010

Hi,
 I see the following message in the mpiexec log file,

Unknown option: -verbos
Aborting: unable to connect to ETL5, smpd version mismatch

 So there are two issues here,

1) You incorrectly typed the "-verbose" argument
2) You have incompatible versions of SMPD and mpiexec in your system. I would recommend a clean install of MPICH2 (Uninstall any existing versions of MPICH2. Open an administrator command prompt as mentioned in the previous email and install the latest stable version of MPICH2 by typing "msiexec /i mpich2-1.3.1-win-x86-64.msi" at the command prompt. This will pop up the MPICH2 installer GUI that will guide you through the installation process.).

Regards,
Jayesh