[mpich-discuss] Upgrading GCC Compilers

saar raas raas_saar at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 30 12:29:50 CDT 2010

Thanks Dave.

--- On Mon, 8/30/10, Dave Goodell <goodell at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:

From: Dave Goodell <goodell at mcs.anl.gov>
Subject: Re: [mpich-discuss] Upgrading GCC Compilers
To: mpich-discuss at mcs.anl.gov
Date: Monday, August 30, 2010, 11:47 AM

If the only thing you are upgrading is the compiler, you probably don't need to rebuild MPICH2, particularly since it would be a 4.x-->4.x change.  However, depending on how/where you install the new compiler, the mpicc/mpif77/etc compiler wrapper scripts may still point to the old compiler.

You can see the compile/link line that will be used by mpicc by running "mpicc -show".

-Dave