[mpich-discuss] Mpi-collective abort:

Gus Correa gus at ldeo.columbia.edu
Fri Aug 27 10:58:13 CDT 2010

Hi Thejna

The MPI distributed with the PGI compilers is MPICH-1, which is
too old, no longer maintained, and doesn't play well with current Linux
kernels.

I suggest that you build MPICH2 from source code and use it.
You should test if it works correctly with the cpi.c program,
before you move to CCSM, which is a very complex program.

For specific help on how to build CCSM3 or CCSM4, you may want
to ask questions to the NCAR CGD Bulletin Board:

http://bb.cgd.ucar.edu/

Most problems with CCSM are *not* related to MPI,
but with the building scripts.

I hope this helps.

Gus Correa

Thejna Tharammal wrote:
>  Hi,
> I'm using MPICH version 1.0.5, on linux cluster- with scientific linux
> (2.6.18-128.1.6.el5, x86_64)
>
> Thank you,
> Thejna.

>>> 1: (cpl_domain_compare) domain #2 name: lnd contract domain
>>> 1: (cpl_domain_compare) domain #1 name: ocn contract domain