[mpich-discuss] generating slog2 format trace data

chan at mcs.anl.gov chan at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Aug 11 16:43:58 CDT 2010

Hi Jeff,

We don't have a very detailed documentation on the slog2
data format.  However, we have an API, called TRACE-API,
that allows one to generate slog2 file programmatically
(Several other groups had successfully used the API)
The API is documented from p.22 to p.41 in the following document

http://ftp.mcs.anl.gov/pub/mpi/slog2/slog2-draft.pdf

Also, there is a sample implementation of TRACE-API
in slog2sdk/trace_sample which should help to implement
the callback API.

A formal slog2 paper that describes the general
features/structures of slog2 file:

http://ftp.mcs.anl.gov/pub/mpi/slog2/slog2-paper.pdf

Let me know if you have any questions.

A.Chan