[mpich-discuss] How to change system buffer size for MPI_Send and MPI_Recv?

Pavan Balaji balaji at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Apr 23 17:51:06 CDT 2010

Is all communication within the same node? There's no easy way to
increase this size without modifying the MPICH2 code. Also, that's not
really a good solution, since it might break on some other network.

What exactly is your application trying to do? It sounds like it might
be better for you to prepost the receive (MPI_Irecv) and enable
asynchronous progress for data to be sent out on demand. In
MPICH2-1.2.1p1, there's an experimental version available, if you'd like
to use it (configure option --enable-async-process). In the MPICH2 1.3.x
series, it is being compiled in by default, and is switched on/off using
an environment variable.

  -- Pavan