[mpich-discuss] Strange MPICH2 behavior in Clearcase

Dave Goodell goodell at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Apr 8 12:29:40 CDT 2010

We (the MPICH2 developers) don't have any experience with clearcase.
Perhaps someone in the community does though.  Because of the way that
clearcase works, strange filesystem behavior in MPD doesn't surprise me.

I would try two things:

1) Use hydra with the "-wdir" option instead of MPD, as we discussed
in a previous thread: https://lists.mcs.anl.gov/mailman/htdig/mpich-discuss/2010-January/006356.html

2) Run your mpdboot from a directory outside of your clearcase mount.
This might avoid some of these problems.

-Dave