[mpich-discuss] Strange MPICH2 behavior in Clearcase

chong tan chong_guan_tan at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 8 11:59:13 CDT 2010

I am running MPICH2 1.2.1 in Clearcase and observed this crazy MPICH2 behavior.  basically,
I have 2 code streams (or clearcase view), one is a stable one and is where I am writing new code.
the 2 streams are not compatible to some extend.  Say my executable is called MY, so there are 2
version of it.

I launch MY in a common script using :

mpiexec MY < options> : MY < options>  : ...

I run both, alternatedly on my test cases.  the run dir is cleaned to the bone between the runs.  From time
to time, I run into situation where the wrong executable was picked up.  the problem goes away after
I restart mpd.

Question:  is this a know issue of MPICH2 ? or this is a issue of MPICH2 + clearcase ?

thanks
tan